What is Driving Mode Detection?
bookcrossing2332

I paired a Fitbit to my Motorola Turbo and it's asking if I want to set it up for driving mode detection. What is that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what is Driving Mode Detection?
Jose23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Driving mode is an option on the Verizon Message+ app. When you connect a blue tooth device it will ask if you would like to turn on Driving Mode. If enabled and your are in a moving car, it will mute incoming message notifications and will auto reply saying " I am currently driving- I will get back to you later". It's purpose is to prevent the driver from being distracted by texts so that they can focus on driving. I find it useful since I tend to text and drive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It thinks the Fitbit is a car. So I would say, you don't want to set the phone to detect driving for the connection to the Fitbit.

How did you pair the device to the phone? Did you pair it through the Fitbit application or the phone's Bluetooth settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jose23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Driving mode is an option on the Verizon Message+ app. When you connect a blue tooth device it will ask if you would like to turn on Driving Mode. If enabled and your are in a moving car, it will mute incoming message notifications and will auto reply saying " I am currently driving- I will get back to you later". It's purpose is to prevent the driver from being distracted by texts so that they can focus on driving. I find it useful since I tend to text and drive.

0 Likes