What is the difference between getting a new SIM card and using my old one?
CluelessInCleveland
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm switching to a new Droid Turbo.  What's the difference between using the SIM card that's in the new phone, and taking the one from the old phone and using it?  Any benefits to switching it out?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM card.  Use the new one or the one from the old phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have the answers you seek . The SIM card you have now is already activated with your number in our system. So switching the SIM card from your old phone to your new phone can make activation easier initially.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: SIM card. Use the new one or the one from the old phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can appreciate where you are coming from. As long as the SIM cards are the same size & compatible with the phone, there should be no trouble using your existing one in the new phone. I would still hold on to the new one as a backup in case you should need it one day.
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CluelessInCleveland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bryan -
Thanks for the reply.  I'm really more interested in 'Why' switch them out.  Does it make activation easier?  What's on the old one that isn't on the new one?

Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have the answers you seek . The SIM card you have now is already activated with your number in our system. So switching the SIM card from your old phone to your new phone can make activation easier initially.
BryanS_VZW

Re: SIM card. Use the new one or the one from the old phone?
Weth
Legend

It's easier and faster

0 Likes