What is wrong with my voicemail?
useltonmb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from the iPhone 5c to the Droid RAZR MAXX HD about 2 months ago. I just recently realized that I hadn't received any any voice mails which for me, is really unusual. I haven't received a single one since I got this phone now that I have sat and thought about it.

When you call my phone, It doesn't go to my voice mail at all. it gives and error message with the error code 12 6 1 7 9-1

I tried to call my voice mail from my phone, but it gives me an error message as well. I cant access it at all.

Please help!!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is wrong with my voicemail?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IPhones use Apple's voicemail system, other Verizon phones use Verizon's system.  I would call customer service (*611 from your device, or 800-922-0204 from a landline or other phone) and have them reset your voicemail.  You'll likely have to go in and set up a new passcode and greeting.

You can also check out Google voicemail or YouMail - free services and you don't have to worry about the email following you when changing devices.....

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Try this Tap your settings the little wheel.. then from there go to Apps Find your Voice Mail it should be Located in the  ALL column at the top of your phone you'll have to slide the pages to the left,  at  ALL  scroll the page up till you come to Voice Mail tap to go into it from there clear your cache first then hit the Home Button do a Power cycle then see if you can get into your Voice Mail.. if you can't run back through the steps I mentioned and do not only a cache clear but a Data clear as well.. cycle the phone again see if you can get to your Voice Mail,  Hopefully you can but  if not then I would call..

Customer Service Here are the Numbers 1-800-922-0204  or * 611 use option 4 ask to talk to a Representative.

Have the Customer Rep help reset the Password and set up the Droid Maxx HD..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here's some added Pictures of the settings and how to navigate there..

Find the Tools Wheel as show below here:

Screen shot of Tools Wheel.png

Then Settings

S  shot  of  Settings.png

Then in the Apps You'll see Downloaded Scroll Left till you come to ALL

Apps  in settings.png

Find All as you see here then Scroll up to Voice Mail  as you see in the Bottom Photo

All   Screen Shot  Settings.png

Once you find Voice Mail go into the App and clear the Settings...

Voice Mail  in  All Settings   S Shot.png

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IPhones use Apple's voicemail system, other Verizon phones use Verizon's system.  I would call customer service (*611 from your device, or 800-922-0204 from a landline or other phone) and have them reset your voicemail.  You'll likely have to go in and set up a new passcode and greeting.

You can also check out Google voicemail or YouMail - free services and you don't have to worry about the email following you when changing devices.....

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SuzyQ is probably right on the money with her post. I had the similar situation with my voicemail recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes