What should I do about my Droid Turbo's spontaneous cracking?
Don3680
Enthusiast - Level 3

At work on Friday July 17th I take my Droid Turbo out of my pocket and found a hair line crack on my screen, bare in mind that I have an otterbox. I didn't drop the phone or anything, I just put an insurance claim in for the phone with Asurion for $150. I hope that Verizon reads this and is aware of what happened and they send an email to the agents to keep an eye on the Droid Turbo phones out there. I am going to continue using the otterbox and I ordered a tempered glass screen protector in case I did do something so it doesn't happen again. If it happens, then what I think but I'm no expert that the phone has been getting hot, it overheated, then the glass cracked. Verizon, please be aware of this:

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo spontaneous cracking
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is replaced with a certified-like new device under VzW's DROID Turbo Screen Assurance:

Droid Turbo by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Didn't Verizon have a 1 time free screen repair/replacement on the Turbo?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is replaced with a certified-like new device under VzW's DROID Turbo Screen Assurance:

Droid Turbo by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
BskinGator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine broke way too easily falling off my nightstand and onto carpeting while in a protective case. Unfortunately mine isn't just the screen, its the LCD also, the whole screen is black so I don't think mine can be replaced under this program. One thing that I did notice is that mine and my wife's turbos are warped, most likely from the heat cycles. My son just received a new turbo and his is as straight as an arrow. Look at you're from the side and see if there is any warpage. They really should do something about this as I believe it is weakening the phone causing them to fail prematurely!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be to have your phone damaged, BskinGator. Especially if you took measures to protect it, (with protective case). In this event, it shouldn't have caused this much damage. However, since it is the LCD, it wouldn't be covered under the Screen Assurance Program, as you mentioned. If you have insurance, you can file a claim at http://bit.ly/T3945e or by phone at 888-881-2622.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
snugglesprecious
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERIZON GIVES A ONE TIME FREE SCREEN REPLACEMENT ON DROID TURBO. IT IS OFFERED THUR MOTOROLA BUT THE PHONE WILLCOME FROM VERIZON AS A CETERFIED LIKE NEW REPLACEMENT. I HAVE 2 DROID TURBO ONE CRACK WHILE IN MY BOYFRIENDS POCKET THE OTHER WAS DROPPED BY MISSING MY POCKET. I HAVE HAD DROID PHONES FOR YEARS AN NEVER HAVE BROKEN A SCREEN ON ONE TILL NOW. WORST DROID PHONE EVER MADE FOR DURABILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR YOU WILL GET A FREE REPLACEMENT. IF YOU GET NO SATISFACTION FROM YOUR STORE THEN CALL VERIZON OR GO ONLINE.

Snn5
Legend

We'd like to take this time to remind you of forum etiquette.  Please, no CAPS, it is considered YELLING.  Thank you.

0 Likes
TomSap
Enthusiast - Level 1

Droid Turbos break easy! Too easy! I feel terrible that I gave my son a hard time about the Droid Turbo when his screen cracked. Three (3) Droid Turbos later I can see it was not his carelessness. I purchased  insurance, and I begged Verizon and Asurion for a different replacement model but you can only get the same super super delicate Droid Turbo as a replacement.

When I spoke to Motorola they indicated they are aware of the frailness of Droid Turbo, but once you got the first replacement, you are on your own. It doesn't matter if you buy a expensive case, your Droid Turbo was not built to live a long life.

0 Likes