What to do when stuck in a boot-loop?
CeliaL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried to reset, even to factory.  Nothing.  It went crazy when someone called me.  No physical damage, no new software. Anything else I can do?  I saw someone else had the same problem but with no resolution.  Any help here?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What to do when stuck in a boot-loop?
Snn5
Legend

Seems your recovery partition became corrupted somehow.  I know of no way to repair the issue...none that I can speak of here.

0 Likes
CeliaL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great.   I guess when I can't even get to fast boot, that makes sense.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi CeliaL!  Sorry to learn of any issues with your handset! Let's get going on a resolution! When did this begin? You mentioned that you tried a reset, but I want to ask if the reset was complete? What happened when you received that incoming call? Are you able to complete any tasks with your device? Please share some details so I can assist you.
0 Likes
CeliaL
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I called TS thinking my only route was a replacement as factory reset was just shutting phone down.   While on the phone, we tried erasing the cache. It erased the cache and restarted, but got back to the red eye.  While the replacement was being issued, I tried a factory reset again, and it worked!  Unfortunately, the replacement was already issued. I asked to cancel it, but it showed up on my doorstep the next day.  Current phone is working again.  I still need to send back the replacement box.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Tricky part here:  If you send back the replacement and they are expecting the damaged phone, you might run into issue. 

0 Likes
CeliaL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nooooo!  I did call TS and report that I was refusing the package, so it goes back unopened.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Uhhh, keep an eye on your account then because Verizon is expecting a return from you and this might put that return window into the  "Past 5 days to return" period.  Most times VZW states to accept a package instead of refusing.

0 Likes
CeliaL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice., I did call and asked them if I should refuse the package, and was told yes.  Of course, I was also told that the package was cancelled...

Snn5
Legend

Good luck.  Just watch that bill and look for $299.99 and other text messages they send to you.

0 Likes