Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When I get a text it says say listen to here it now. The sounds is all garbled and unusable. It use to work fine.
PaulMin

My Droid Max use to work fine with this. When a text comes in and I'm driving it says new text say listen to here it now. Then all garbled sound is heard. It has become unusable for this.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: When I get a text it says say listen to here it now. The sounds is all garbled and unusable. It use to work fine.
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
Re: When I get a text it says say listen to here it now. The sounds is all garbled and unusable. It use to work fine.
janetbakker60

I am having same problem with my MotoX

0 Likes
janetbakker60

I called customer service and they can't find an answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

janetbakker60, we don't want this to be a problem for you too! Did you recently retrieve a software update on your phone? Have you tried powering your phone off/on to soft reset it?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PaulMin

I've turned the phone off, got the update, turned the phone off and back on again. Still have the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate you taking the time to complete those tasks with the phone, PaulMin!
Are you using a different text message app that was installed from the Play Store?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
PaulMin

I am using Motorola assist when this happens. It is the only app I use for the car.

I did try the setting in assist to use the alternate sound or whatever it's called. Will see if that helps.

0 Likes