When I power off my phone, and then power back on, I get a notification that says Error Message: No sim card. Emergency calls only.
sqrba11

When I power of my phone, and then power it back on, I get a notification at the top that says Error Message: No sim card. Emergency calls only. Then the screen goes black and I have to hit the power button again for the unlock screen to appear. My phone still works, but it is annoying to have to do this each time. Has anyone els had this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When I power off my phone, and then power back on, I get a notification that says Error Message: No sim card. Emergency calls only.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try reseating the SIM card.  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow a fresh network connection to be established.  If that doesn't help, visit your local Corporate VzW store or contact Customer Service for a free replacement SIM card (they do go bad or get damaged sometimes).

0 Likes
Re: When I power off my phone, and then power back on, I get a notification that says Error Message: No sim card. Emergency calls only.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sqrba11, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. When did this issue start? Did you recently retrieve a software update on your phone? Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to  your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

sqrba11, there is nothing wrong with your Turbo.  They all do that when they first power on.  I've had the Turbo since launch day last year.  The message used to say something like "no network found" when you first turned it on for a few seconds.  After the update to Android 5.1 the new message referencing the SIM card shows for a few seconds.  That is just because the Turbo is just turning on and activating everything.  There is nothing at all wrong with it.  Unfortunately the Verizon reps on here no nothing about the devices they sell.  Don't listen to them.  They will have you removing and replacing your SIM and even do factory resets when there is nothing wrong, just normal boot up process.