When can I expect Lollipop update for Droid Turbo?
rkolendo

When can I expect Lollipop update for Droid Turbo?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When can I expect Lollipop update for Droid Turbo?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing official has been announced yet, other than it will receive the update.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

the responses you're going to get will send you the motorola portal where they will blame it on Verizon then when you come to Verizon they will blame it on motorola it came out in the third quarter of last year and we're in the end of the first quarter I've gotten to the point where if I don't expect anything I won't be letting down bottom line we already bought the phone and we're already stuck in a two year contract

rtp2525
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reason it takes so long is Verizon Motorola has to incorporate Verizon application and make sure it works with the software. They test the software on the product but the testers are incompetent because I knew some of them. That's why they sending soaks out. It really comes down to Verizon being satisfied

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola is still coding the app and just started soak testing the code.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Don't hold your breath. I just saw where others are getting 5.1 and here sits the Turbo, nothing. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57

I understand Software updates are always exciting! No official date on when this is going to be released yet. However, you can stay up to date on the Software updates here: http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I just wish the sales rep would have spoke the truth when I Edged up to this phone on March 13.  I specifically asked about 5.0 and he stated "you will soon be getting the upgrade". Alas, I learned NEVER to believe what reps tell me.  If I had a choice I would take this phone back.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Misconception of soon.  Soon can be classed as between now and the end of the world.  Soon has no defined time frame.  That's why people end up where they are.  It's currently under beta testing(I know people who are doing the Motorola thing), but at that point when completed it will be submitted to Verizon.  So until Motorola submits something it's up to them.

Not applicable

psf57 wrote:

I just wish the sales rep would have spoke the truth when I Edged up to this phone on March 13.  I specifically asked about 5.0 and he stated "you will soon be getting the upgrade". Alas, I learned NEVER to believe what reps tell me.  If I had a choice I would take this phone back.

Is there something wrong with your phone that it's not operational? You knew it had kitkat when you bought it. Chill already.