Re: When can I expect Lollipop update for Droid Turbo?
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Not even a month to the date and already looking for a full software upgrade.

DF100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Receiving regular software updates on a timely basis is a reasonable expectation in this day and age.   This phone has been all but abandoned compared to other models released in the same time period.  The internals of the Droid Turbo are not all that much different than any other Android smartphone on the market, so why is it so much different?  If the Verizon specific software is causing that much of a delay, get rid of it and go with a stock Android experience.

D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

Nothing wrong with phone but Verizon workers push the idea of update coming soon. Why should he chill. Verizon used the update coming as a tactic to sell the Droid Turbo, now he wants them to hold up their end.

I don't understand how it can bother you so much that someone wants their upgrade. If you aren't Verizon, and you aren't a Turbo user then you have no dog in this fight, but feel the need to interject with no useful information. Maybe you need to chill.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, it HAPPENS to be this piece of junk has started overheating. Can use google maps 1/2 hour, overheats. Take it outside, sit it in shade, overheats. Calls randomly still going to voicemail instead of phone ringing. THAT is why!!!! Geesh

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola dropped 5.0... They said it themselves, and it was the RIGHT thing to do.

5.1 fixes most of the bugs you are reading about with all the devices updated to 5.0-5.0.2. Motorola said any device slated to get 5.0.X will be getting 5.1 instead.

If you don't want to wait for those fixes and want the update and if Motorola just pushes it out to make you guys happen then don't complain about things going wrong with your devices. It's on you...

Tidbits
Legend

happy not happen.  Autocorrect is not always awesome.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

So using that logic and extrapolating that premise out, no update will ever happen because there is never going to be a flawless update.Whomever is the holdup (Verizon or Motorola) needs to step up and drive a stake in the ground and commit to at least a timeframe . Companys do have internal deadlines for any product, software included, so they had better have a pretty good handle on where it stands today and communicate more than "soon"

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It was what MOTOROLA SAID.  You don't like it then complain to them.  Like I said various times before.  Updates start and end with the manufacturer.  They dropped 5.0 in FAVOR of 5.1 which fixes a lot of bugs that 5.0.X introduced and people are complaining about.  Like WiFi not connecting(especially those without unlimited data this is GOD SEND), like memory management hanging and drains the battery while cause the devices to heat up.  5.1 was major fixes.  This would change any dates for the better...

Software wise.  We do, but they are never hard deadlines.  We can change them when needed at least in my office I am in charge of can do.  When you put hard dates and push a product out there's various examples of WHY not to do it. 

Recent EA debacles for example.  Blizzard with Diablo III.  There's a lot more out there.  Even Microsoft, and Qualcomm(2 places I have worked).  We had dates, but they were never set in stone.  You've seen the effect of those dates changing with all the rumors and projections. 

Verizon doesn't do any coding at all like popular belief.  How are they going to get a handling when they don't touch the code?  Can you tell me when the next Sony update it for their PlayStation devices will come?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Ever notices that innopath.com process running on your phone?  That's the process through which manufacturers send updates to phones.  It checks your phone for proper system structure, is used for remote diagnostics, and in the end is the reason any phone is updated OTA.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

6.0 should be available by the time Motorola, Verizon, Zeus or some other deity releases 5.1 and I'll be ready for another phone.  I just moved to Verizon last November and regret not researching T-Mobile and AT&T a bit more.