Re: When can I expect Lollipop update for Droid Turbo?
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I think I'll go with the LG G4 when it comes out with that one.  Waiting to find out if 4G LTE is in my area, heck even if it's 4G, still will probably change. 

0 Likes
DF100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits, full disclosure, do you work for Verizon or Motorola?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They wouldn't pay me enough to work for them.

Luciano Carvalho works for Motorola, and has given pretty much everything I have said to the general public.  Some things of course he won't release due to company NDA's.  So if he doesn't answer your questions it means Motorola can fire him and sue him if he violates them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Luciano Carvalho and Kirk Stromberg - Google+ are two guys that work for Motorola. 

Also if you know who Punit Soni - Google+ is and what he used to do also mentions Motorola Lollipop updatesFirst of all: peace! 🙂  There is so much anger… About updates and knows who Luciano Carvalho is.

This isn't like someone saying the work for XYZ without any proof.  These are Verified people who work or used to work for Motorola(Punit no longer there, but the other two guys were there when everything was under his watch).  So as long as it doesn't violate the NDA they sign they'll say as much information as they can.

Anyway take what you will.  I am glad Motorola delayed the update and are going straight to 5.1 over giving out 5.0.X.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else thought if 5.0 sux so badly,  what assurances do we have 5.1 will be any better?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well the fact that so far the memory leaks and memory management were fixed which helps battery life and stops the radio and various other apps from crashing whether a system app or not is a good thing. I'll take my chances if things run better like it did for my Nexus 5 or Nexus 6.

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

Friends, I've come to the realization that we won't be getting lollipop until the next better thing comes along. I went through this with the Lumia Icon and the BB Z30. Both had major updates with a lot of features out there, and the updates didn't come out until I'd long given up on them. Lumia Icons update was Cortana, BB Z30s was the ability to run Android apps. Those updates sat on hold for many months.

Next time they release a phone that's "great, powerful, top of the line" and "soon to be updated with a major software update" do your best to not buy it. They are always releasing phones immediately before a major software update. We think "hey, its about to be updated, I'll take the dive". Don't do that again. Let the pre-updated phones sit on the shelves. They do that and get us to take the dive, then make us do this complaining. Some other phones then come out within a month with the update included.

Don't believe the hype. I don't blame devs and never will. The update could be already ready, just sitting there, waiting to be pushed - butttt gotta use timing to make money. Next time, let them keep their 13th hour to major update phones. I'm out.

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

11th hour, not 13th hour. Maybe I would've used the right term had I had Lollipop. Doubt it.

0 Likes