When is kitkat 4.42coming to the droid razr hd?
Wen56

When is kitkat 4.4.2 for razr hd going ota?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When is kitkat 4.42coming to the droid razr hd?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
klipster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got mine this AM...

0 Likes
desertsteel
Enthusiast - Level 2

don't do it...you will be sorry!

Malchore

Got mine 5/15. Waited until the night to start the download and install. Took about 30 mins to download, then another 30 mins for the update to complete. I tried to download over my home WiFi, but it refused to update that way. Had no choice but to download 500MB using my data plan. Ouch. I'm not a heavy data user so I had that much to spare, but still...

The update itself was fine; encountered no issues. It was late so I decided I'll mess around with KitKat the next day. Well, it's next day now, and this morning I discovered I couldn't connect to any google services. Play store didn't work. Oddly enough, my Gmail and Calendar still worked.

I had to remove and then add my google account onto my phone to resolve the issue. Took a long time for that. About 2 hours in total to add the account plus re-sync all my apps. All my google services are slow at this moment, but they're slowly coming back to normal.

I have the Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 phone. Stock, never rooted.

0 Likes
klipster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now you tell me...! LOL...

It's buggy...!

It keeps rebooting itself...

I've lost my in-car home page...

Not an improvement...

IMHO

0 Likes
nickyandme
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get my bluetooth to stay paired with my phone.Every time I stop the car  bluetooth goes off! also I can'tget swipe anymore and my out going text messages  keep saying "not able to send try again later"

HOW DO I GET KIT KAT OFF MY PHONE!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Never fear, help is here nickyandme! I would be delighted to provide some insight on the device. Do you mind sharing what messaging platform you're using on the device? Have you processed a full reset/restore since the orignal update was completed? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
klipster
Enthusiast - Level 1

MatthewS_VZW

On the day I loaded KK4.4.2, my RAZR MAXX HD rebooted itself at 5:00 PM EST...
For the past several days it has done the same thing at 8:00 PM...
Is this normal and when will it stop...?

Also, when I bought the phone, it came with a dash-mounted cradle. When you put the phone in that cradle it presented a special "mobile" home page with larger programmable buttons for a more hand's free interface...
KitKat stepped all over that mobile home page... Do you know if there is a way to get that back...?

Thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

klipster lets get everything sorted out & ensure the device is running smoothly! Fill us in on the details and we'll find a fix! Has there been any changes to the device since the update, like new apps? When the hand's free interface pops up, is there any options to dismiss?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes