When unlocked, my phone bypasses the home screen and goes directly to the phone app. How can I stop this?
Robert3296

Can anyone help me? When I swipe my phone to unlock (I have since changed to just a swipe instead of an security option to open) my phone goes directly to the phone app rather than my home screen. I don't want this to happen and have not been able to change this. Can anyone advise please?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When unlocked, my phone bypasses the home screen and goes directly to the phone app. How can I stop this?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you swiping up from the left? There are two quick shortcuts on the lock screen. One for the camera (swipe from right bottom corner) and the phone app (swipe from the left bottom corner). To go to the main homescreen, you should swipe up from the center/ bottom half of phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When unlocked, my phone bypasses the home screen and goes directly to the phone app. How can I stop this?
Robert3296

Yes, thank you, I am swiping from the left but I can see that this could be the origin of the problem. I get the camera when swiping from the right ok. Swiping from the top opens the quick access screen (for lack of a better term) - when I slide that up I get the home screen. No matter what angle I try - I'm unable to reach the home screen from that initial swipe. Is there a way to reset this action that you are aware of?

0 Likes
Robert3296

Wow...thanks for point this direction out... I just accidently tried swiping from the bottom up and went directly to home screen. Unless theres a fix...I'll continue on this path - Thanks Very Much!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't a fix. That is the way it is designed by Google. Swipe from the center bottom get the homescreen or last application you were in before the screen turned. Swipe from bottom left get the phone app (phones) or microphone (tablets. Swipe from the bottom right and get the camera app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Robert3296

Thank you! You've been a great help!

0 Likes