When will stagefright exploit be patched on Droid Maxx? There doesn't seem to be any hurry to get Lollipop to this phone so can we get this fixed...
Fates
Enthusiast - Level 2

How long are you going to keep us sitting wide open to this exploit?

I understand it is supposedly patched in Lollipop but there does not seem to be any movement getting lollipop to the Droid Maxx.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When will stagefright exploit be patched on Droid Maxx? There doesn't seem to be any hurry to get Lollipop to this phone so can we get this fixed...
Snn5
Legend

Just my thinking:  LP for MAXX wont come till Nov maybe, if then...after the Turbo 2 and MAXX 2 are announced and released in October.  (but I speculate there, no proof)

0 Likes
Re: When will stagefright exploit be patched on Droid Maxx? There doesn't seem to be any hurry to get Lollipop to this phone so can we get this fixed...
Fates
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are predicting a minimum of 4 months to fix a security exploit that is severe enough to totally zombie phones allow the exploiter to replace apps with mimics and harvest interaction with secure sites. I'm supposed to be happy with this level of response? When the fix has already been made available to the first gen Moto X that is hardware identical to my device?

Anyone up for a class action

markbearden
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second the "class action" case.  Is anyone listening?  I got a brand new Droid Maxx from Verizon in JUNE.   Four months later, there is not even an estimate of WHEN a patch for "Stagefright 1" will be released, although this device has been put "on the list".   Now we're on to Stagefright 2, which means the phone can't be used to connect safely to ANY audio/video/MMS media!   I've had to uninstall all my useful apps that have any dealings with sensitive info, to be safe.  I'd say that this looks like the END, for me, of dealing with both Motorola and Verizon.   If only there were some way to do something other than just walk away disgusted... 

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

I had an online chat with a rep from Motorola; the Lollipop update has already been sent to Verizon, so at this point, Verizon is the one holding up the update/fix

.ScreenShot043.jpg

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

So Verizon...What's the hold up!?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Toyota4x4van, I am waiting on the update to get sent to me as well. They go out in batches not all at one time. For example, my wife and I both have the same phone but she has the update already and I do not. It's coming, we just ask for your contiued patience.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fates
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is *everyone* is waiting on this, at least everyone with maxx/utra/mini.

We are at somewhere around 3 months on stagefright  and the exploits from a browser versus video instant message make it a lot harder to avoid. It is no longer as simple as turn off auto download of videos in your messenger apps.

Supposedly stagefright is being dealt with inside of Lollipop and this device is hardware identical to the original Moto X which has had Lollipop for what 2 months now.

Maybe that is why everyone is going what is the hold up on a carrier specific phone getting these serious issues dealt with.

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

Do you and your wife both have the Droid Maxx?  If not, then it is irrelevant whether or not either of you have the update.  If you both DO have the Droid Maxx and your wife already has the Lollipop update, then she is the first that anyone here has heard received it.

0 Likes