Re: When do we get lollipop? marshmallow is already out.
Snn5
Legend
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is unacceptable for a flagship phone.  The Moto X 1st gen has the same processor/GPU and received lollipop months ago.  Just another example of how Verizon doesn't care about customer service  - just profits.

Tell me again why Verizon is better than prepaid?

0 Likes
Fates
Enthusiast - Level 2

What people who bought the device when it was a flagship verizon smart phone don't forget is the fact that hardware used for it is the same as the Moto X first generation. Also what we will not forget nor forgive is that verizon won't support a phone it demanded exclusive distribution rights to.

All the processors, radios etc used on the Maxx/Ultra/Mini are common with the first gen Moto X. If they have pushed a working Lollipop, as they have, to the 2013 Moto X then it shows *all* the hardware issues have been dealt with. What we are waiting for is Verizon to push in all their bloatware that eats up another 3G or so of storage on the phone. Oh yeah and their desire to see how many people knuckle under and go give them more money for a current generation phone.

0 Likes
HeelToe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely some truth to this "Oh yeah and their desire to see how many people knuckle under and go give them more money for a current generation phone." What they don't have a good measure of is how much of their customer turnover is associated with them not keeping their phones up to date. I'm in Chicago metro and their are other options that are just as good or better. I switched part of my family from TMobile to Verizon a couple years ago. I get a direct comparison with each working better in some spots. So that leaves their support of the phones as a differentiator in which they are the underdog. Given their spotty coverage on the Metra where I spend 2 hours per day I will be moving back to TMobile. They won't know why I left. They'll just get the change notification from TMobile. They tout themselves as the premium and best carrier. Good advertising but the truth is they are just the most expensive at least for where I need service.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Fates wrote:

What people who bought the device when it was a flagship verizon smart phone don't forget is the fact that hardware used for it is the same as the Moto X first generation. Also what we will not forget nor forgive is that verizon won't support a phone it demanded exclusive distribution rights to.

All the processors, radios etc used on the Maxx/Ultra/Mini are common with the first gen Moto X. If they have pushed a working Lollipop, as they have, to the 2013 Moto X then it shows *all* the hardware issues have been dealt with. What we are waiting for is Verizon to push in all their bloatware that eats up another 3G or so of storage on the phone. Oh yeah and their desire to see how many people knuckle under and go give them more money for a current generation phone.

Uhm no the Moto X processsor is NOTHING like the Maxx processor.  People compare them, but the X processor is a custom processor.

0 Likes
Fates
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, can you read? See: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-X,Motorola-DROID-MAXX/phones/7885,7970

They both have the same system processor, Motorola X8.

Likewise same dual core cpu, running at same frequency, and strangely enough the same quad core gpu. The hardware is the same for what an operating system looks at.

The battery differs, a non issue with compiling the OS. the wireless charger imo shouldn't be an issue.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They are not the same. They appear the same but they are not. Your own evidence shows it as well. The GPU and CPU are on a single dye. The one on a Moto X is a custom one while the one on the Maxx isn't. The one on the Moto X requires custom drivers from Qualcomm. Try using the Moto X drivers on the Maxx and $100 says you brick the phone.

Straight from the company that MADE the processor

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/smartphones/droid-maxx-motorola it uses an S4 Pro

As for the Moto X is uses a modified S4 Pro which the S4 Pro itself doesn't have 8 cores and is called the X8

http://www.motorola.com/us/X8-Mobile-Computing-System/x8-mobile-computing-system.html

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is exciting to get the latest software Matt_N. You can keep up with the latest software updates here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ Is there something wrong with your phone?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Livewire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe his problem is, like most of the people here, that we were expecting an update to Lollipop which appears to be as real as unicorns farting rainbows.

appletonpunk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, but your wrong. I have a bootloader unlocked maxx and have flashed roms for the maxx and moto x to my maxx with no issues. There is no tech hold up. This is clearly Verizon strong arming us to buy new phones. Just look at the build date for the stagefright patch, motorola released it to verizon months before they pushed it out. Pure greed and laziness.

0 Likes