While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me. I never got the call. Six days later, I got a notice of the voice mail left by this emergency caller while I was traveling in Cambodia. How can this happen?
dmvfitz

While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me.  I never got the call.  Six days later I received a notice of the voice mail for this emergency call.  How can this happen?  I was receiving text messages and emails just fine in all locations.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me. I never got the call. Six days later, I got a notice of the voice mail left by this emergency caller while I was traveling in Cambodia. How can this happen?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Emails and texts dont generally need as strong as a signal than you do for a cell phone.

Also, the service is only as strong as the carrier in the area. Verizon doesnt service those places. So therefore Verizon cant really troubleshoot. Sorry that happened to you though.

0 Likes
Re: While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me. I never got the call. Six days later, I got a notice of the voice mail left by this emergency caller while I was traveling in Cambodia. How can this happen?
dmvfitz

That is really not an acceptable answer. Of all the roaming services, I

think cellular calls should be first. At least get the notice of the vm to

me in a timely manner. My husband was with me. He had no trouble getting

calls, text msgs or emails. His service is At&t.

0 Likes
Re: While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me.  I never got the call.  Six days later, I got a notice of the voice mail left by this emergency caller while I was traveling in Cambodia.  How can this happen?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It really doesnt matter if you think its acceptable or not.

The phones between the two networks are different technology and will connect to the overseas networks differently.

0 Likes
dmvfitz

Yes, so one technology works and the other one doesn't. Simple. Verizon

doesn't.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No cell phone carrier guarantees that their services will work 100% of the time on even their OWN network, let alone overseas. Besides up until several years back, before lte or global phones, VZW did not provide global services unless you used a global phone that you had to specifically order. So part of your statement COULD in theory be true.

0 Likes
dmvfitz

Really...I travelled all over Europe back in 2009 using my Verizon phone.

I did the same thing I did this time and had my plan temporarily changed to

international coverage. I had no problem connecting calls. So are you

just making this up? SE Asia was a big fail for Verizon on so many

levels. I am heading for Turkey next. Maybe with a new carrier.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:11 AM, pherson <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Re: While traveling in Singapore my alarm company tried to call me.  I never got the call.  Six days later, I got a notice of the voice mail left by this emergency caller while I was traveling in Cambodia.  How can this happen?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why would I be making it up? The phone that you had at the time was a global phone or at least had the capabilities. Which phone was it?

0 Likes
dmvfitz

This trip - the Droid Razr Maxx. It is Global.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:45 AM, pherson <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No, I meant your phone back in 09. There were a handful of global phones then...several blackberries, a windows phone, a few samsungs, a samsung flip, and a motorola slider. Comes have come a long way since then.

0 Likes