Who has a Droid Turbo
a1valdez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am complete appalled and upset with the Droid Turbo. I have been with Verizon for a very long time as a loyal customer. Recently a line was eligible for an upgrade. I purchased the Droid Turbo. THIS PHONE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS.

It's apparently (by note of a Verizon tech) running data in the background and it's not visible while to me. Now I have over $300.00 plus (USD) in overage charges. Also, it SEVERELY OVER HEATS from/by the battery, my skin actually got a burn from picking it up. There's more, it doesn't stay long lasting even when you're not on the phone or using it. Again more, glitches constantly, I have had to take apps off which are normal apps!! I have lost contact, photos, videos!!! SO very upset! It has been trader out 2 times already with each time having more issues, this one by far the worse!!! I have had to Factory Reset the phone OVER 5 times already (2 times in the last 30 days) DISGUSTING. So now I have over $300 in additional charges for the data, I can barely use this phone, and I can't install apps of my choosing! What did I pay for a brick!! I've been on the phone with a technical support rep multiple times and the last technical support tech said "wow, this is not right and I can see that by just checking the device from my end, something is going on". Of course, why else would I be calling multiple times about the same or worse problems!!!!?

Is ANYONE else having these issues or maybe even more than what I stated!!!????

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Who has a Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel this way about the device that you are using. You mentioned factory resetting the device 5 times and that it is overheating. Did our tech support team walk you through the reset? Is the phone charging when it overheats? Which application are you loading onto the device that you continually have to remove?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

No, I don't have any of those issues.  I've had the Turbo since release day in 2014 and have never done a factory reset.  My belief is you have some app such as Facebook or something like it as the culprit.  Go to Settings, Battery and see what apps are using the battery and causing it to get hot.

MrsBrett

I have a Droid Turbo. Mine gets really hot too, but ONLY while playing games and charging at the same time. I have stopped playing games while it charges because it seems to be too much for the phone to handle, especially while on Turbo Charge. As for my experience with battery usage, the only time my battery dies fast is when I am using apps that drain it. Some apps are worse than others, and some apps will drain your battery even while you are not actually using the phone. I agree with Davidoo...check your settings to see which app is draining your battery so fast.

0 Likes
HenryRay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Turbo. I have had for about three weeks now. Not a problem one. Great phone.

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

I got this phone around the end of this September and like it so much. Thanks, Moto and Verizon.

0 Likes
Fearnofish

I have had my droid turbo for two months now. I haven't had any problems with it yet and so far like it very much. Can't wait to see the new marshmallow update.

0 Likes