Why Has The Latest Update Ruined My Device?
WHATUPEH
Enthusiast - Level 1

All apps shut down since the last update it freezes constantly it totally changed everything about my phone my messaging system everything it force me to use the Verizon messaging which I used to not use is there anything we can do to stop this or reverse my update I can get used to the changes but I cannot get used to every app shutting down it takes 5 minutes just to get into my text messaging it sucks please help someone

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Please help the last update absolutely ruined my phone it freezes constantly and most every app in my phone shuts down constantly forcing closed I'm not happy whatsoever I need my phone back at kit is there any way I can reverse the last update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Has The Latest Update Ruined My Device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand where you are coming from, WHATUPEH. Updates should not leave the phone in this condition. As a starting point, Motorola recommends the following:

https://motorola-global- portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/108278/p/30,6720,9583 This will not impact any of your important media or documents.

If there still is trouble using the Verizon Messages app, there is also the Messages app from Google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en

Let us know the results of the wiping of the cache.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Software updates are meant to improve your phone, not cause you headaches Dbs318. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Is the phone running slow with all apps on the phone? Are you getting any error message when the phone freezes?

Many times this can be a result of some of the 3rd party applications you use not being updated to work properly with the new software, causing the phone to work twice as hard to run them (even in the background when you're not using them) causing the battery to drain quicker. Go into Google Play and see if there are any updates available for your apps. When was the phone updated?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Please help the last update absolutely ruined my phone it freezes constantly and most every app in my phone shuts down constantly forcing closed I'm not happy whatsoever I need my phone back at kit is there any way I can reverse the last update
Dds318
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for delay ... I have a Droid turbo 2, design your own

0 Likes
Dds318
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone runs very slow now.  To the point that my apps perpetually crash.  Messages, FB, weather etc.  My phone was perfectly fine prior to the update.  I now have to charge my phone in the middle of the day, which I rarely did prior to the update.  It will not answer calls on occasion.  I loved my phone before...

0 Likes