Why Is The Lock Screen On My Droid Turbo Unresponsive?
tmgoetz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Motorola Droid Turbo, and earlier today the lock screen became unresponsive. Despite this I was still able to get the "power off" screen to come up and it did respond to this touch in order to reboot it.  When the device powered back on, the first time I was able to unlock the screen and use it, but as soon as the screen shut off prompting the lock screen again on the next use, the same thing happened. This has happened the exact same way with three more restarts.

Pressing the power button does bring up the lock screen, but I can't touch or drag anywhere on the screen.

Pressing the back button at the bottom still causes a vibrate, but nothing else happens. The other two buttons do nothing

I cannot shake the phone to turn on flashlight or take a screenshot from the unresponsive lock screen.

Powering down the device is the only thing that works, including the touch screen being responsive enough for me to confirm shutting it down.

Works normally until first time device locks again.

As I was writing this, I tried again but changed the screen timeout time, the device did eventually freeze on it's own and it came up "Launcher 3 isn't responding" - when I pressed to close that I got a black screen with just the top information bar, same unresponsiveness.  Upon this freeze the home and menu buttons at the bottom also vibrate in addition to the back button, but none do anything.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock screen unresponsive - Droid Turbo
tmgoetz
Enthusiast - Level 1

A factory reset appears to have fixed it for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tmgoetz
Enthusiast - Level 1

A factory reset appears to have fixed it for now.

0 Likes
Painton

The same thing is happening to me and my wife. Exactly the same thing. I have yet to try a factory reset but I think it's a problem with an automatic software update at this point. It's odd that 3 phones have the same problem within 24 hours of each other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmgoetz We're glad to see that your Motorola device screen issue has been resolved. Thank you for sharing your outcome with the community forum. Please let us know if you have other questions or need assistance from us. Here is a troubleshooting link with many steps for most devices including your Motorola Droid Turbo:

http://vz.to/12TLCsR

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes