Why am I getting bad reception with my Droid Maxx?
dwb129

I just bought my Droid Maxx a couple months back and I'm getting horrible reception with it.  My previous phone was a Droid and I had excellent reception. What seems to be the problem because it's really getting frustrating with all the dropped calls?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I getting bad reception with my Droid Maxx?
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

First, try this:

Shut off the phone and take the simcard out and wait a min or two and then insert the simcard. This will help re-establish a new signal for the phone.

If that does not work, go to your nearest Verizon store and ask for a new simcard, that should help, it could be a bad simcard you have in your phone.

If that does not help, call technical support and ask them to reset the phone, and what I mean by that is, have the rep take the phone off of the Verizon network and put it back in the system as a new line/connection. (There is a term for that, but, sorry I forgot what they call it) I had it done to my phone, and that helped tremendously.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

First, try this:

Shut off the phone and take the simcard out and wait a min or two and then insert the simcard. This will help re-establish a new signal for the phone.

If that does not work, go to your nearest Verizon store and ask for a new simcard, that should help, it could be a bad simcard you have in your phone.

If that does not help, call technical support and ask them to reset the phone, and what I mean by that is, have the rep take the phone off of the Verizon network and put it back in the system as a new line/connection. (There is a term for that, but, sorry I forgot what they call it) I had it done to my phone, and that helped tremendously.

Good luck.

0 Likes
dwb129

Thank you, really appreciate the info.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

You are welcome dwb. I hope you are getting a better reception.

0 Likes