Why am I getting every text message twice?
mattschmidt0

I upgraded to the Verizon Messages 6.0.2 yesterday, and now every text I receive comes in twice instantaneously. I've tried turning the phone off and on to no avail. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have unlimited messaging so it's not costing me any extra, but it's definitely a pretty big nuisance. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I getting every text message twice?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mattschmidt0

It's my pleasure to assist you!  This additional information will help me find a resolution for you.

You are correct.  Although you are unable to uninstall the Messages application, we can disable the application.  Let's try disabling the Messages application http://vz.to/1BbHOWf.  Please let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mattschmidt0

I can imagine receiving these duplicate text messages has become a nuisance for you.  I would love to assist in resolving this issue for you.

What model phone are you using?  Do you have any other texting applications, other than the Verizon Messages application, installed on your device?  Please keep me posted so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mattschmidt0

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your response. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo. I also have the stock messaging app installed, but this has not been an issue in the past and I do not believe I am able to uninstall it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mattschmidt0

It's my pleasure to assist you!  This additional information will help me find a resolution for you.

You are correct.  Although you are unable to uninstall the Messages application, we can disable the application.  Let's try disabling the Messages application http://vz.to/1BbHOWf.  Please let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes