Why are correctly spelled words underlined in red?
MARMIA25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Turbo up until a few days ago everything worked fine.  But now when I try to text or send a message in facebook, none of my words will prefill or the recommendations are totally off.  i.e. I type in the word "test" and "that" comes up, I type in "this" and I get three choices "things", "think" and "the".  Then when words are spelled correctly they are underlined in red as if they are misspelled.  What is going on??

Any help is appreciate

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Predictive Text
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

After choosing language and input, you need to tap the keyboard you are using, and go to those settings.  That's where you'll find the auto correct and predictive text options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Find your "language and input" settings, make sure predictive text is turned on.

0 Likes
MARMIA25
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone doesn't have that option to choose predictive text

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

After choosing language and input, you need to tap the keyboard you are using, and go to those settings.  That's where you'll find the auto correct and predictive text options.

0 Likes
MARMIA25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the other options. Everything was checked so I unchecked everything then checked them again and it appears to be working.

Thx

ENFURNO

Install Chrooma keyboard, it saves to the cloud and is honestly a much more feature rich version of the google keyboard. Been carrying it with me since launch and it's never failed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear you got it working the way you expect it to!  Sometimes it just needs a reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARMIA25, I can understand you concern regarding your predictive text on your phone. We will help you get things back up and running. The first step in troubleshooting is to make sure your software is up to date. Follow the link for instructions: http://vz.to/2gNwCLs

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes