Why are my deleted text messages reappearing?
PATRIOT78
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I delete text messages, they appear at the bottom of the message list with a date of Dec. 31, 1969.  I did a soft reset but this didn't help.  I can delete those messages but it is an annoyance to delete everything twice.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx text message deletion issue
PATRIOT78
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did in fact have the Verizon Message App installed as well as the default message app.  When I uninstalled the Verizon message app, the problem persisted.  However, in the default message menu, ... (3 dots on bottom while viewing message list)..I previously only had a "settings" option.  The rep walked me thru that process and that was the only option available.  Later in the day, a "delete all threads" option appeared.  By deleting all threads, the messages disappeared and the problem has not happened again.  I'll just attribute this to a minor glitch if you will, but, it definitely seems to be related to the Verizon Messaging App.  That app is nice but seemed to be the cause of the undesirable activity.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Patriot78,

December 31, 1969 must be a day that your phone wants to relive over and over. Let's ensure we ease the hassle of having delete everything twice.

Are you using any third party message applications? If not, please test the device in safe mode to ensure that no third party applications are causing the issue. http://vz.to/1ba02Z9

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PATRIOT78
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did in fact have the Verizon Message App installed as well as the default message app.  When I uninstalled the Verizon message app, the problem persisted.  However, in the default message menu, ... (3 dots on bottom while viewing message list)..I previously only had a "settings" option.  The rep walked me thru that process and that was the only option available.  Later in the day, a "delete all threads" option appeared.  By deleting all threads, the messages disappeared and the problem has not happened again.  I'll just attribute this to a minor glitch if you will, but, it definitely seems to be related to the Verizon Messaging App.  That app is nice but seemed to be the cause of the undesirable activity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Patriot78. I'm glad those messages have disappeared as well.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes