Why can't I activate my Droid Maxx in Italy?
gaetano

Hello, I live in Italy and gave me a motorola droid verizon maxx. Inserting the sim Italian manager does not recognize it. How can I ask for the unlock codes to verizon? or this phone in Europe is to be thrown away? Thank you and have a nice day.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: motorola droid verizon maxx locked in italy.
Snn5
Legend

Verizon's 4G phones are sold unlocked, however, to activate them you need a Verizon account and must activate within the United States, after that point, they can be used overseas with any compatible carrier.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon's 4G phones are sold unlocked, however, to activate them you need a Verizon account and must activate within the United States, after that point, they can be used overseas with any compatible carrier.

0 Likes
gaetano

But I who I live in Italy and I phone in here, how can I do to activate an account verizon? I need to register on the site verizon? Thanks for your kind response.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must live in the United States to open a Verizon account.  In your case, you'd be best selling the phone to a person who can use the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to see you enjoying that MAXX, gaetano. The good news is that Verizon Wireless does not lock our global 4G LTE devices, like the MAXX. There's no code needed from us to be able to activate the phone using your local SIM but you will need to reach out to your Italian service provider for help with ensuring you have the proper Nano SIM (not a cut-to-size SIM) and to get the device activated. http://spr.ly/6582BuBaa*

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes