Re: Visual voicemail on droid turbo won't set up
griffin2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like how Verizon employees have replied to this post several times but not actually said anything.  Great support there guys!

Now I am in the same position as all the other people who have replied to this post. My new Droid Turbo hangs setting up Visual Voicemail, the "setting up visual voicemail" message sits there forever with the spinning icon, and no one can leave me a voicemail.  There is no option to uninstall the app, how do I fix this?

Maybe this time put the solution in the thread so other people can see how to fix it?

0 Likes
Icpfan1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. I believe I did force stop for voicemail under the apps menu in settings. Then I think I did clear data and then clear cache before rebooting the phone and when the phone came back up, it set up in like 2 minutes.  If this doesn't work, try flipping the last two steps around.

I hope that helps.

griffin2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. Clearing data and cache, then force stop did the trick.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I complete the set up for my visual voice mail?
chadnrandall

Clearing Cache and forcing stop does not work for me.  Please put up a solution on this forum so other people can benefit from the information.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I complete the set up for my visual voice mail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chadnrandall, I'm sorry to read that you're not able to set up your visual voicemail. The troubleshooting that you've done on your own is appreciated. Let's find a resolution as quickly as possible, so I'm here to help. I don't want to assume what device you are using, so please state the make & model phone you have. What exact issues are coming up when trying to set up the visual voicemail? Do you receive any error message? If you are receiving an error message, what exactly does it say? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes