Why can't I connect to wi-fi?
JackAnder

My phone indicates wifi is off. When I go to screen to turn it on, it shows 2 servers, but I'm not near them (one being Whole Foods). I can't see my home server or Xfinity wifi. When I turn on wifi, nothing changes. I can't even "forget" these servers. Almost like I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi issue
CalRed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I went back through and uninstalled some of the more recent apps I

had added (have to be out of Safe Mode to do that) and it fixed the

problem. I'm now connected to my home wifi as expected. I'll probably

try reinstalling some of those apps when I have time and see if it's

still working. None of them were crucial, but still... Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CalRed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Jack,

I'm having the same issue. Commenting so I can follow the discussion.
I used the troubleshooting tool on the Verizon website and that didn't resolve it. My next step is to call in (once I have another phone number to make the call from so they can work on my phone) and have a service tech walk me through.

For now, I'm running my phone in safe mode, which takes care of the problem but limits what I can do on it somewhat, so it's not a permanent solution. The troubleshooter says that if it connects in safe mode, that means a third party app is interfering, so uninstalling all apps (probably .the newest ones that were installed when the problem started) should take care of it, but that didn't fix it for me.

Good luck! Maybe others will have something helpful to share.

Cal

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

CalRed wrote:

The troubleshooter says that if it connects in safe mode, that means a third party app is interfering, so uninstalling all apps (probably .the newest ones that were installed when the problem started) should take care of it, but that didn't fix it for me.

Maybe a recent update to an app is the issue, and that is potentially much more difficult to track down. Unless you remember which apps updated about the same time frame as the issue started.  And rather than uninstalling apps, try simply disabling apps, a few at a time, until connectivity returns.

Time consuming, yes.  Hopefully, if it is an update or an app, another update will resolve it.

0 Likes
CalRed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I went back through and uninstalled some of the more recent apps I

had added (have to be out of Safe Mode to do that) and it fixed the

problem. I'm now connected to my home wifi as expected. I'll probably

try reinstalling some of those apps when I have time and see if it's

still working. None of them were crucial, but still... Smiley Happy

0 Likes