Why can't I preview text messages from the lock screen?
mattlynch1018

Berfore i was able to press the message symbol from the lock screen and preview the text message now i can't.  I have turned what i think is all the notifications back on but must be missing something.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i updated my phone and now can't preview text from lock screen or it doesn't appear at the top when unlocked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. Thanks for the follow up etails, mattlynch1018. Android Lollipop has a new feature, similar to Moto Display, called Ambient Display. Ambient Display is what displays notifications on the lock screen and can be used by unchecking the Moto Display setting in the Moto app.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i updated my phone and now can't preview text from lock screen or it doesn't appear at the top when unlocked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mattlynch1018, I apologize for the issue with your device after the software update. Let me help to get this fixed. Do you have your notifications turned on to show notification content? Please check by going into settings>sounds and notifications>notifications>show all notification content. Let me know if this helps.

EdwinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mattlynch1018

I checked in my settings and under notifications and When device is lock it says "Show all notification content"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's good, mattlynch1018. Sounds like we're on the right path. Do any notifications for other alerts show on your locked screen or in your notification bar when unlocked? What text app are you using with your Turbo?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mattlynch1018

Hello, no other notifications show up when the phone is locked or unlocked.  The only thing that shows up is the symbol for a text, email etc.  I am using the Message+ app for texting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. Thanks for the follow up etails, mattlynch1018. Android Lollipop has a new feature, similar to Moto Display, called Ambient Display. Ambient Display is what displays notifications on the lock screen and can be used by unchecking the Moto Display setting in the Moto app.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
mattlynch1018

Found it.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes