Why can't I reply to text alerts from my bank?
DEBGRO52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Turbo 2 with service through Verizon. When I get a text alert from my bank (it has a 5 digit number attached to the text message), I can't reply to it.  I get a FAILED response. How do I fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't reply to text alert from my bank.
DEBGRO52
Enthusiast - Level 1

This text from the bank (their 5 digit resource phone number?) required my reponse as a way to ensure its safety.  Without my reply, I won't get security alerts.  For what ever reason, I turned off cellular data and connected my Droid phone to WiFi.  I then was able to reply to the Bank's text with the required response.

I have no idea why this worked.  I turned my cellular data back on, turned WiFi off and received confirmation from the bank.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some alert services are simply that...alerts or notifications.  They are not meant to, nor are they capable of, receiving responses.  Some even tell you NOT to reply.  Could that be the case here?

0 Likes
DEBGRO52
Enthusiast - Level 1

This text from the bank (their 5 digit resource phone number?) required my reponse as a way to ensure its safety.  Without my reply, I won't get security alerts.  For what ever reason, I turned off cellular data and connected my Droid phone to WiFi.  I then was able to reply to the Bank's text with the required response.

I have no idea why this worked.  I turned my cellular data back on, turned WiFi off and received confirmation from the bank.

0 Likes
LiLoAZ

I have the same problem with many alerts, mostly security alerts from my bank. The alert ask you for a YES or NO reply. I cannot reply even with wi-fi turned off. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes