Why can't I turn off pattern lock?
Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the droid turbo 2 and set the screen lock to pattern. Now I can't turn it off, the "none" option is greyed and I can't select it. Can someone please help me.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pattern lock I can't turn off
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you never added any card to Android Pay then there is another app that you installed that is secure that requires you to have a lock on the device. Go to Settings----Security---Phone Administrators and see what apps are in there that are checked.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you get to this screen do you put in your current pattern for the lock and then attempt to turn it off?

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to settings then screen lock it asks me to put in my pattern then I am able to select pin or password but not swipe or none

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you set up Android Pay or do you have an app installed from your job for email? These types of apps require a lock of some sort.

Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android pay updated...how would I stop it through that?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You must go into the Android Pay app and delete your cards or turn off the feature to use your device at mobile payment stations. Keeping in mind that, you will lose this capability but you should get to take the lock off of your phone.

Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I'm so clueless...I never added any cards and I have no idea how to turn off the feature to use it at Mobil pay stations...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you never added any card to Android Pay then there is another app that you installed that is secure that requires you to have a lock on the device. Go to Settings----Security---Phone Administrators and see what apps are in there that are checked.

Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you so much for all your help... I can't figure it out think I'll have to live with it till I can get to the local store. Thank you!

0 Likes
Kelley0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I kept going over and over what you said and I finally fixed it my phone is no longer stuck in pattern mode THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes