Re: droid maxx update 23.3.24.en.US killed my ability to use wifi, anybody else have this problem?
arzennmaster
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading that others have done hard resets and multiple hard resets. I'm not about to follow suit and end up spending hours reinstalling numerous email accounts calendars and apps. That functioned timed flawlessly before this update. Verizon should give everyone with this issue unlimited data till they solve the problem.

Re: droid maxx update 23.3.24.en.US killed my ability to use wifi, anybody else have this problem?
maw0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just did a factory reset - nothing changed with my connection problems.  At least I have some apps that work, unlike many others.  I wasn't able to use Kies, however.  Apparently you have to have a samsung phone to use it, as I could not get my droid mini to connect even after downloading its driver.

By the way, the FDR did not erase everything from the phone - my home wifi network connected without having to input the password again, and it kept some of my settings (ringtone, wallpaper).  Photos, accounts, all apps, and most settings were erased (fortunately I didn't have much to begin with).  I also did not get a request to install a system update - still version 23.3.24.  I did notice, even before the FDR, the extension on this version has changed to 23.3.24.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US.  Not sure why it changed, but it obviously didn't fix anything!

I sincerely hope that Verizon and/or Android will do something to rectify this issue for everyone!!

0 Likes
grumpyalbertm
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after doing factory restore and the phone eating up all my data i contacted Verizon about this and after a little troubleshooting they decided that it was time to send me a new phone, I got it last night and now it keeps trying to do the same update but i keep pushing it off so right now my phone is running version 21.11.21 with no issues as long as i do not let it try to download that crap version

0 Likes
TB1235
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I guess Verizon's position is that some 3rd party apps are causing a conflict with this update. I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to identify any of these offending apps?

Being without WiFi is really getting old.

arzennmaster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've uninstalled all my add on apps, then did a soft reset, to no avail.  I'm not about to do a hard reset, and still not have it function.

This phone isn't even a year old, and whatever is going on is eating away at my battery life as well.  no matter what I do, the d****d thing ends up with less than 40%-50% in a 12-14 hr period of nearly non use.

Way to go Verizon.

How about sending out a roll back to our previous firmware.\

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for doing all that you have done so far, arzennmaster. We have been in contact with Motorola who has determined some devices have encountered a failure of the WiFi chip set. At this time, they recommend replacing the device if  you still have a warranty. For those out of warranty, Motorola will be able to repair the device when you send it in to them.
http://bit.ly/1pYJwGp

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

grumpyalbertm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share that there is light at the end of the tunnel, After a Verizon rep deemed that there was an issue with my Droid Maxx he sent me a new one after receiving it at no cost it did the same update again and this time the wifi partially worked on some wifi but not mine at home, so what i ended up doing was a factory reset on my router and now the wifi on my phone works great at home now. With my phone working now my data plan is not getting chewed up like before. Hope this will help Smiley Happy

maw0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed the battery drains incredibly fast now too.  I thought it was something to do with try to auto-refresh when it can't on my home WIFI (still...).  I used to be able to go 2+ days without having to charge it.  Now I have to keep an eye on it all the time.  The phone also does not provide a warning tone or message at 15% as it did prior to the system update.  The only thing I found that helps it is to turn wifi, auto-refresh, and Bluetooth off at night so it's not trying to connect to anything.  I also have my location/GPS on battery saving mode most of the time.

0 Likes
maw0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

grumpyalbertm - This is the problem I have been having since the update - WIFI works everyplace but my house fine, and some apps work at home, some do not, and my email will usually not auto-refresh.  I spoke with a family member who is an IT person over the holiday, and he suggested to update the firmware on the router (which I think is similar to what you did).  Unfortunately, my computer is out of commission right now so I can't try it yet.  Once I do, I will be sure to post the results.  This problem is becoming quite annoying, especially now that I do not have another internet source at home.

0 Likes
grumpyalbertm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to do a firmware update on mine but there was not one available so this is why i did a factory reset and then set up the router again. It sucks though your computer is out of commission.Smiley Sad  Good luck with this

0 Likes