Why can't people hear me on calls?
chandrakw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've only had my phone since October, and have treated it well and kept it in a case and all that stuff. As of Friday though, if someone calls me, they can't hear me. At all. It's almost as if a speaker or microphone maybe, doesn't work? I'm curious if this is a popular issue, or if anyone has a suggestion to fix it. I don't really feel like buying a new phone after just a few short months.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't be heard in phone calls..
rcschnoor
Legend

You wouldn't have to buy a new phone as it is still under the 1yr manufacturers warranty.

Have you tried power cycling it? Since no one can hear you on it, you could either bring it into a Verizon store OR call CS @800-922-0204 from another phone to start the warranty replacement.

Before you return the phone for warranty, make sure you perform a factory reset on the device in order to remove all of your personal information. Be sure to keep your SIM card, to insert into the device you receive as a replacement. Keep in mind, with a warranty return you will be receiving a refurbished phone in return.

It might be a good idea to take plenty of photos to document the condition of the phone before returning it, too.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You wouldn't have to buy a new phone as it is still under the 1yr manufacturers warranty.

Have you tried power cycling it? Since no one can hear you on it, you could either bring it into a Verizon store OR call CS @800-922-0204 from another phone to start the warranty replacement.

Before you return the phone for warranty, make sure you perform a factory reset on the device in order to remove all of your personal information. Be sure to keep your SIM card, to insert into the device you receive as a replacement. Keep in mind, with a warranty return you will be receiving a refurbished phone in return.

It might be a good idea to take plenty of photos to document the condition of the phone before returning it, too.Smiley Happy

sandbeach13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had the same problem with the maxx.We just got the new phone in Nov. They are supposed to send a refurbished phone to us. If this is occurring often, something should be done to prevent more recurrences of this problem. I hope your problem was resolved. we should get the phone next week. That is kind of a long time to wait for a replacement. Hope my son doesn't have to call 911 in the meantime. I feel like we should get a credit for not being able to use the phone for a week! Verizon's bills are too high as it is.

0 Likes
jtoesw

Same issue here. I had the microphone go out shortly after initial release of the phone and my subsequent purchase. The replacement has been working fine until this morning. My attempts to perform every administrable action possible have failed, including full factory reset. This is a hardware issue, plain and simple, and it needs to be acknowledged as such by Verizon and Motorola. I will be going to my local Verizon store for the second time to replace this defective phone, hopefully they can give me a phone of a different brand/model, as this is just ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jtoesw,

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that your microphone is no longer working. Thanks for your effort in troubleshooting the device. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? You can save the trip to the local store, per we can help here. Please accept my follow & send a direct message with your mobile number for account review.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

jtoesw

Sending message now. Thank you for your response and support Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jtoesw

To answer your question, the phone has not experienced any liquid or physical damage of any kind.

0 Likes