Why does Motorola update the Andriod OS for Droid Razr Maxx?
TobinPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the Motorola Razr Maxx about two years ago because it had a better battery life then the other phone on the market at that time.  Since then I have had so many problems with this phone that I replaced the phone 3 times. The main reason is that it burns up and is too hot to keep in my pocket.  Now I am dealing with a whole new problem with the most recent Motorola Razr Max phone I received just a few months ago.  The problem is that the phone can't even obtain network connectivity and it keeps on turning off and one.  Essentially rebooting uncontrollable like it is possessed.  Based on research I did it seems that Motorola does not update the Android OS for older phones.  Which is outrageous for a phone model that is only two years old.  It would be like updating your computer with the latest version of MS Windows and then finding out the next year that it is not supported by Microsoft. I would like to know why they and Verizon are short changing customers given that our contracts are typically 2 years long. 

Labels (2)
Re: Why does Motorola update the Andriod OS for Droid Razr Maxx?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The decision to not update the original DROID Razr Maxx was made by Motorola not Verizon Wireless. I believe a lot of that decision was because the TI processor is no longer supported by its manufacturer. Verizon Wireless has nothing to with decided when phones get an OS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have the same Phone but it's not connected to the Network any Longer I use it primarily on my Wi-Fi it still runs pretty decent although not as Quick as my current phones I keep it charged up as well for back up purposes only) but I understand your frustration and that is why I moved on to a newer set of phones..

0 Likes
TobinPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Verizon does have a responsibility to set a standard whereby the cellphone manufactures, that Verizon contracts to partner with, are obligated to maintain the quality of the OS. Customers are charged close to $1,000 each year for Verizon service and in return Verizon does not hold cellphone companies, whom we have to deal with, accountable for terrible service.  How come you do not realize that this is a rip off?  What is Verizon going to do to address this know problem?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Fix it in time Hopefully.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

You say 2 years ago? Time for a new phone

I kept my RAZR Maxx for WiFi also but I think you'll enjoy  quad core. Get the g3 or note 4 when it comes.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Maid a Goof thinking this was for the Droid Maxx Smiley Sad  Updates for this phone will more in Likely probably never come about anymore, however in saying there have been some Androids that were really past there time but still got updated so you can't say it would never happen..

0 Likes
TobinPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

past there time??? we are not talking about a phone and service that does not even meet a quality standard for the life of the contract.  When I bought the phone it was new. The point is with Verizon you do get what you paid for. I paid for quality service for the life of the contract and I didn't get it.  Many people are in the same boat....that's why there are some many complaints around Verizon service on BBB.

0 Likes