Why does it take so long to backup my phone? It's been doing it for over 5 hours and it still needs to get through 100 more files. This is the 3rd time I've tried to ask this question. Everytime I click submit, I gotta sign in, or do something, but sub
mmariebr

What?  Another hoop to jump through???  Why does it take so long for my Droid Razor to backup 498 files?  It's been doing it for over 5 hours and there is still another 100 left to go. Is this normal?

I tried asking a "live" person at a Verizon store, but the average wait time is over 1 hr. WTF?!  What happened to quality customer service?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does it take so long to backup my phone?  It's been doing it for over 5 hours and it still needs to get through 100 more files.  This is the 3rd time I've tried to ask this question.  Everytime I click submit, I gotta sign in, or do something, but
Snn5
Legend

What types of files?  Music, photos, contacts?  To what Cloud? Drive, OneDrive, Verizon Cloud? To a PC? 

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take so long to backup my phone? It's been doing it for over 5 hours and it still needs to get through 100 more files. This is the 3rd time I've tried to ask this question. Everytime I click submit, I gotta sign in, or do something, but
mmariebr

It is with the "Backup Assistant" through Verizon.  I am assuming on the cloud.  We are in the process of getting new phones and an employee at the Verizon store said we needed to backup our phone (everything) before doing the factory reset to do the trade in, in order to get the new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take so long to backup my phone?  It's been doing it for over 5 hours and it still needs to get through 100 more files.  This is the 3rd time I've tried to ask this question.  Everytime I click submit, I gotta sign in, or do something, but
Snn5
Legend

Transfer everything to your PC.  Backup contacts to Google.  If you already have a Google account signed in on the phone, contacts are already backed up.  Don't fool with "The Verizon Cloud."  If you don't have a PC, use google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive if you have a MSN/Live/Hotmail account.  Or, Dropbox.

0 Likes