Why does my device keep dropping bluetooth connections?
tankthompson

I love this Droid Turbo, but I travel a lot, and I use bluetooth either in the car or my bluetooth headset. I constantly get disconnected though. I have the same problem on any bluetooth device from a Toyota Camry to the new Plantronics Explorer 505, a Plantronics Voyager Legend, a Jabra, a CANZ 808 bluetooth speaker, so I believe I've pretty well determined it is the phone. It seems like if I'm stationary and not moving much, I don't have the problem often. I've done a system cache clear, checked settings, etc., but I can't make any headway. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Constantly dropping bluetooth connections on Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to ensure you are able to love every aspect of your device! I appreciate you taking the troubleshooting steps that you have already. Does the performance improve while in Safe Mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to ensure you are able to love every aspect of your device! I appreciate you taking the troubleshooting steps that you have already. Does the performance improve while in Safe Mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tankthompson

I haven't. I'll do that right now? Is the theory that an app of some kind might be destabilizing the bluetooth?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tankthompson,

Yep! The Safe Mode will check to see if any apps are causing the issue with your bluetooth. When in Safe Mode, you will want to see if you can connect your bluetooth devices. If you are able to connect, this lets us know that an app is the issue with your device. You will want to try to remove some of your most recently added apps since the issue with the bluetooth began. If while in Safe Mode, the issue still persists, your next step will be a factory reset with your phone. Please click this link for steps on how to backup and reset your device: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117753/. Keep us posted to let us know if this resolved your concerns.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes