Why does my device keep losing signal after the update?
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

trying to see if Verizon will fix this for free or do I have to pay my deductible since this issue has only started since I got the "Upgrade".  Phone loses signal often, has rebooted on its own often (10 times in a row, with about 3-4 minutes of on time between reboots and did not get a signal), and battery life has depleted, thinking that is due to the loss of signal.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RAZR updated to 98.72.165 and now loses signal and reboots often
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

azjeeps,

I appreciate you keeping us posted with all the steps and results. When your device loses signal, is this only affecting your 3G/4G or is it also affect your voice as well? If this is only affecting your data, I would recommend replacing the 4G LTE SIM card. You can visit your local corporate Verizon Wireless store for a free SIM or we can ship one to you through customer service. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

azjeeps, We are here to help bring that device back to the good times. If you can please let us know exactly what make and model Razr you have to provide more options. Since this started happening, have you attempted to perform a master reset? Let us know so we can get this fixed for you. Thank you.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

PeterV that build is for the Razr & Razr Maxx mine has had it's moments as Well..  Excuse ma french but it's acting at time's like a sick Bird trying to fly and cannot.. this new Update has not been all that Good but I am one to give it a Chance and I have so I recommend the OP to try a Factory Reset if all else has Failed I may end up doing one as Well..  b33

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Model is Razr XT912, I haven't done a master reset yet as I was out of town this weekend and haven't been able to do a backup.  But all weekend I had to fight it.  It acts like when it loses its signal it can't recover it, then it will reboot.  It took it over a hour one time to get back up to operational status, and it took my battery from 70% to 20%, then when I put it on the charger it would not get over 20% charge.  And to top it off I was waiting for it to catch on fire as it was burning up.  After a few hours like this, I switched it airplane mode for a few minutes and back. Big mistake, it entered to endless loop of rebooting. Put is back to airplane mode to charge it, it took a charge fine, then next day switched it back on, connected fine for a few hours, then randomly throughout the day it would reboot with no signal. 

So far I have tried it in both LTE/CDMA and Global for networks and it does the same.  Only difference I have seen is sometimes it would say no networks found...try global setting, then it would reboot.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well what I've seen in my Razr Maxx at time's is with the screen it's self)  At times it wants to lock till I Power cycle it and I pulled allot of the Apps that I have on it.. the only Downloaded app  I have is Madden 25 and I really don't want to Uninstall it yet because of were I've gotten on with the Game Play level I gotten too)  I don't tend the notion of Losing it And mine it hasn't done bad on the Battery levels but I do notice on occasion that when I'm talking the level of audio in the ear piece goes up N down of course my thing using when I'm talking is using my old Moto Ear piece the model that I have should have been in scrap heap along time ago but is still plugging away..

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did the reset last night. Before reset phone was on charger for 2 hours, did not get above 30%.  After reset, phone has been responding well, and battery charged from the 20-30% to 90% in about 2 hours.  But only time will tell as before it could go over half the day before doing a reboot.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like your phone is Taking the reset good so far! That's good keep the thread posted of any changes as this well help abroad if needed..  thanks b

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

No Good.Today While Surfing The Net It Lost It's Signal And Took 3 Times Rebooting To Finally Start

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also Took Battery From 80% To 50%

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ouchy Ouchy that's no good well I keep and eye on mine one Maxx my second Maxx is doing rest duty as my new Droid Maxx has took it's place learning all the Good stuff on it and putting it through it's 13 day Trial..  To see if it is a keeper or not..

0 Likes