Re: RAZR updated to 98.72.165 and now loses signal and reboots often
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

It loses both data and voice, I notice the data side drops first, mostly because I am trying to surf the web, then the voice side drops.  Looking at the up time, it currently has 24 hours, I didn't notice this last reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I'm disappointed to hear that! Are you receiving any error messages when you try to connect? Does your hotspot turn on at all? Do you still have the feature on your account or a Share/More Everything plan with hotspot included?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

No error message. As for hot spot I don't use it very much. I know before this if I didn't use it for a extended time I had to restart the phone in order for it to work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

azjeeps,

Thank you for clarifying and the update on the phone's performance; I'm glad it's not rebooting anymore, but we need to get the signal back. Were you able to obtain a SIM card from a store at no cost?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as rebooting it is still randomly doing it. Just not taking it 5 or more times in a row.

As for a Sim card I have not been to a store to ask for one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying today azjeeps! Are you currently on the MORE Everything plan? When was the last time a full reset on the device was completed? Let's get this resolved!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the factory reset on Feb. 9.I am on the MORE everything family plan.  I went to a store yesterday and they put in a new SIM card for me as suggested above.  Currently have about 18 hours of up time.

B33
Legend

That's good as long as when the card was installed it was handled properly and not touched in the Gold area of the Card, that's one place fingers shouldn't come in contact with doing so can cause some serious issues with a phone because it handles so much information from the card to make it operate properly.. so 18 hours no know issues you should be good to go. b

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't think they touched the center part.  But as for time I was on roughly a 24 hour window.  I think the longest was 36 hours, as before all this started I was going like 100 days before I would reboot it to get speed back and clear some memory.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's good..  on these new phones that came out just this last year they're making the Sim Cards that fit in them smaller and smaller ...

<< Comments removed as off topic >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes