Why does my device say I have a new text message when I don't?
Mrlschuldt
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Turbo 2 constantly indicates that there is a new text message. However, when I go to messages there are no new messages. How do I get rid of this unwanted indicator?

Thanks,

Larry

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone indicates a new text message, but none found
Mrlschuldt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just answered my own question. Power cycling the phone did it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mrlschuldt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just answered my own question. Power cycling the phone did it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure that the device properly displays the text message count. May I ask what text message app you use? Have you clear the cache and data from the app you're using? ( Settings > Application > Manage Apps > All > Select the app currently in use > Clear Cache/Data )
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mrlschuldt
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app is just the defalt texting app that comes with the phone and shows up on the home screen. Nothing speicial is installed. I cleared the error by just power cycling the phone.

Larry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah, got it. That's wonderful news, Mrlschuldt. The good ol' trusty power cycle. Happy to hear that cleared up the issue with the notifications.

If you ever need us, we are here to help out. Take care, and may you have a wonderful weekend as well!
NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
judytealady9830

I have done everything you recommend plus everything I've seen online.  Nothing works.  HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure that the device properly displays the text message count. May I ask what text message app you use? Also, are you referring to the Droid Turbo 2 or another device?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vbritt1948

I had the same problem and what I did to resolve the issue was to go into the messenger app and click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.  There was an entry that says mark all messages as read and that took care of it so far.  Power cycling the phone temporarily turned the count off, but it came back later.  I am using the default message app that came with the phone if that matters.

0 Likes