Why does my speaker phone turn on by itself?
Jenn27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Razr M phone. Here the last few days, my speaker phone just comes on all by itself while on call. The screen isn't lighting up, so I don't think I accidentally touched it with my face.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I have had this phone less than a year. No other problems until now. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with speaker phone on Razr M.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this Jenn27! Please enable safe mode here http://vz.to/1dsXR7t test and share if this still takes place. If so, I do suggest backing up the device and completing a factory reset here http://vz.to/1imOtXq and test. If you are still unsuccessful please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

AErickson
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 3 Razr M's and all three phones have that issue. Was told by technical support to reset factory setting to see if the problem persists and it does. Will be going to the Verizon store to get them all replaced. They said there were others that have had the same issue and are trying to find the problem, not sure if hardware issue or software issue. I would say software issue because it does this with both the bluetooth disconnecting to speaker, as well as headphones directly plugged into the phone.

PRBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here, only it's happening to 3 different Razr M's in 2 different states.  None of us 3 have the same apps or have downloaded lately, AND we all have different Bluetooth devices.  Obviously Verizon has problems with the last update.  Tech support call was no help.  Just told me to do a reset, which I passed on to the others to do as well - no help.  Randomly went from Bluetooth to speaker 4 times today.

Verizon, where are you???  At least tell us you're working on a fix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this Jenn27! Please enable safe mode here http://vz.to/1dsXR7t test and share if this still takes place. If so, I do suggest backing up the device and completing a factory reset here http://vz.to/1imOtXq and test. If you are still unsuccessful please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

Problems with speaker phone on Razr M.
Jenn27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the help!  If it continues, I will follow the above steps.  I really want to avoid doing a factory reset if I can.

0 Likes
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem with my Droid Razr M.  It started the evening of 3/6/2014;  I can make or receive calls as usual, but after 5 minutes or so, the call switches to speaker.  Any attempt to transfer back to Bluetooth while talking disconnects the call immediately.  It occurs with my cordless phones with Bluetooth AND with the integrated Bluetooth in my GM vehicle. My cell phone is the only phone that I have (no wired phone).  Since this began, I have had two family medical emergencies (sister with cancer, nephew in severe car wreck) so I can't be without this phone.

Until Thursday 3/6/2014, Bluetooth has been working perfectly.  I've had the phone since March 2013.  All current, no abuse, no recent app downloads.

System version 98.18.94.XT907.verizon.en.us
Android 4.1.2

Here's what I've done:

Power cycle phone

Remove pairing with both Bluetooth devices and re-installed
Reboot in Safe Mode
Removed & re-installed SIM card

Completed factory reset TWICE (first time used PREFERRED method, didn't do a thing, had to use ALTERNATE)

As of 3/9/2014 at 10:45 AM, everything SEEMS to be functioning properly.
Will monitor and report back.

By the way, both Bluetooth devices (VTech cordless and GM integrated) work flawlessly with Droid X2
It looks like  a large number of users have experienced this problem in the past two or three weeks.
Did Verizon push an update that created this problem?  If so, what are they doing about it?

Thanks to any and all who can provide a solution!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello redneck65674,

Thank you for sharing your device concern with us. We are eager to partner with you and get your speaker concern resolved once and for all. Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on your Razr M? Also, have you tried the steps that my colleague, TominqueBo posted? If not then I would encourage you to start there. Once you have done so then please post the results, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did indeed follow the steps posted by TominqueBo on 3/9/2014 as detailed in my earlier post (up to, and including, factory reset).
I've disabled automatic updates and have not power cycled the phone since. 
All functions seem to be working correctly; I hope it stays that way.

Best regards!

0 Likes
PRBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon...this is your issue!! Please fix it! Two of my friends have the same problem...this is not a single phone or user issue. And its not blue tooth issue either. It occurs when using the handset alone as well as using a Bluetooth.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

brightmeadow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue, and a number of people at work with same  model RAZR M are having same problem.  There must have been a software update recently that is causing this, had no problems for last 18 months and suddenly this started happening about two weeks ago.

0 Likes