Why doesn't the temperature update?
robertpjordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Droid Command Center widget is very unreliable about updating the temperature.  Any recommendations?  I've tried turning location on and setting the city manually, neither works any better than the other.  I've restarted the phone, no difference.

Droid Maxx using stock Motorola launcher

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Command Center weather update frequency
robertpjordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't download the widget, it came preinstalled on the phone.  I don't know where to go to re-download it.  I only started using this widget seven days ago.  I turned off "current location" and set the location to the closest city.  I also cleared the system cache and now it seems to update more frequently, though never more than once an hour.  I suppose that's the most frequent it updates, so I suppose clearing the cache did the trick.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place for help robertpjordan. Being prepared for any weather changes is definitely important so I completely understand your concern. Let’s get to the bottom of this and make sure the weather is updating correctly.

What exactly is not updating properly  on  the weather widget? Is it displaying incorrect temperature or is it not updating when there is a change throughout the day? How long has this been going on? What software version are you running on the phone http://vz.to/1QwhYWA?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robertpjordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The temperature is not updating as the temperature goes up and down throughout the day, even when I click on the temperature portion of the widget.  I just installed the widget three days ago.  I'm using Android version 4.4.4, System version 24.13.3.

Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details robertpjordan. Has this been going on since you downloaded that widget? Have you tried deleting it and adding it back?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robertpjordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't download the widget, it came preinstalled on the phone.  I don't know where to go to re-download it.  I only started using this widget seven days ago.  I turned off "current location" and set the location to the closest city.  I also cleared the system cache and now it seems to update more frequently, though never more than once an hour.  I suppose that's the most frequent it updates, so I suppose clearing the cache did the trick.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robertpjordan,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We definitely appreciate you giving that a shot andglad to hear that its working better for you. One thing that we can also check to ensure you get the latest and most accurate information isthe Location Settings and its current mode. While it would use more data, you would have the option to enable "High Accuracy" and this could assist with keeping the widget updated. In the meantime, if you have any other concerns please visit our support pages to find useful resources and guides for allour devices and services by visiting www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please �Correcte�CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes