Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Lol.  So how about taking it up with the people who MADE the screens?  Not the company peddling them.  Oh and maybe don't drop your phone.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
sk2112

I did go to Motorola. Unfortunately they also refused to own up to the issue. Everyone should know that they are not reputable and wont honor their own warranty policy. They should have either 1) replaced it under warranty for free if it was a defect or 2) returned it without any action if it was abused. Instead they offered to fix it for $125. What kind of BS is that?

I will never buy another Motorola product

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

If a device is built incorrectly and causes additional stress to the glass for tiny bends and contortions, it's not a glass problem, it's an assembly problem. 

The problem with this whole issue is it's really hard to verify.  I think it's completely possible that a small number of people have had structural defect issues, whether it's the glass or the assembly of the phone.  If that happened to me and no one would address the issue, I'd be pissed as well. 

From Motorola's standpoint, the minute they acknowledge the issue, every person who's ever broken their screen can now claim manufacturer defect, possibly even a class action lawsuit. 

Sucks from both ends.  Probably more for the people who genuinely did nothing wrong only to have it break on it's own.  Probably a very small number but put yourselves in their shoes and assume that they might be telling the truth rather than lecturing them on how they probably just dropped their phone (which you have no proof of).  The callousness of some of the people in these forums appalls me sometimes. 

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

+1 to you

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

It's like all the other phones and that is don't drop it and it wont break plus while in pocket dont bang into anything like a table. I have been in contact with workers at Motorola and they say nothing is wrong with phone or glass. Mine is 7 months old now and I toss it around

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

All I'm saying is it's impossible to ensure that 100% of manufactured products (in ANY industry, not just cell phones) are manufactured correctly.  You are lucky as you did not receive the tiny portion of phones that might potentially have a defect.  To say that your experience is exactly the same as someone else's is not true.  If you had a phone that had a defect in it, you'd be pissed as well and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be saying "oh well, it's my fault because I toss it around" and would more likely be talking about how cheap the phones are to break so easily because you barely bumped it.  And you'd be pissed if someone else told you "well, you probably abused your phone" if you didn't. 

Personally, I've been lucky and never had a phone with a screen issue but I know it's always possible (especially when most manufacturing occurs in countries with less strict quality control.  That might not be the case if they're manufactured in China but if they're built in Mexico, all bets are off (firsthand experience). 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I got my Maxx about the Same time bulldog did and it and my other Maxx has been meeting challenges every day and the Care i give both of them is what keeps them the way they are.

0 Likes
Blancoja

I have experienced this situation twice now. After the first time, I naively thought that maybe in some way I had cracked the screen, after only owning the phone for 3 months. After filing a claim and getting a "Refurbished" phone from Asurion, I didn't expect it to happen just two months after that. On top of that in calling Motorola and Asurion, I just got a walk around. I find it hard to believe that no one in any of the three companies has made the connection that this is a problem with the phone. I am glad that there is and has been a forum that has been consistently documents cases similar to mine. I plan on leaving Verizon as soon as my contract is up because this shoddy customer service is weak to say the least.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ouch.!

0 Likes
Blancoja

Yeah I know, my wallet is feeling most of this pain, as a Droid expert what are your thoughts on this issue? the under screen, what I believe to be the digitizer is the part that has broken both times now. It isn't a crack on the upper screen whatsoever, and both were damaged next to the power up/volume buttons. Are there replacement parts that would be significantly cheaper to buy than a whole new phone?

0 Likes