Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
Pyretta_Blaze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone else read the Verizon reps response as slightly threatening with

the repeated “be careful before claiming defect" in so many words? I for

one, find it rather sad that all these people, and these are the ones who

just happened to find this thread, are having the exact same problem and

are being treated like scam artists, forced to pay deductibles or full

retail to replace a phone that was not broken by their misuse, but instead,

the shoddy manufacturing and false advertisement of Verizon and Motorola.

My phone is in an Otter Box. I only use the manufacturer provided charger.

I have an alarm go off when my battery is fully charged to prevent

overcharging. Even with all these preventative measures, I can still notice

dark spots in the screen when booting the phone up, where the glass is not

fully secured. These spots are getting larger and one can only assume from

stress. When, and I do mean when, this phone starts malfunctioning and over

heating like my last one, should I receiver the same response seen on this

thread, my next call will be to the Attorney General.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
Boulderdash

I was fortunate to have the Asurion plan but it still cost me $100 for something I did not cause. I don't know how it is done but I think a formal complaint needs to be filed so we can at least get these phones replaced under warranty when the screens decide to crack, I love the phone otherwise. Does anyone know how to escalate this?

0 Likes
janine615

FOURTEEN pages of complaints and they are still pretending there is no problem.  I had by Droid Maxx four months and the screen shattered.  Yes I dropped it from about two feet and I have dropped many a phone (and previous Droids) with maybe a small dent to the frame.  This phone id defective.  The advertise it as having gorilla glass that is so tough it can  take anything but when you call them it it they say that isn't what it says. Verizon advertises it as:

Built to Take a Beating
Defend against dents and dings with a KEVLAR® fiber backplate. Suppress an onslaught of scratches and scrapes, reinforced by Corning® Gorilla® Glass. Take whatever the world throws at you and throw it right back. Almost nothing brings this mobile juggernaut down.

But won't stand by there own words and tries to put it on Motorola who won't do anything.  They now want me to buy a new phone for $100s and take a new 2-year contract for a $50 discount.

A lawsuit should come from this, but how?  I am so frustrated!

0 Likes
CarlaR

Add me to the cracked glass on Razr Maxx. Had the phone about a month and a half. Dropped my Droid 2 several times, cracked the frame, scratched the glass, but this one.... dropped from 2 ft, I was sitting in the car. Landed face down on the pavement. No rocks under  it, nothing. It was just cracked, looks like a spider. And it had a protective case that I bought AT the Verizon store. I'm so bummed. CANNOT afford another one.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Its because...its not a known issue. Its user error. First off, its a thin phone. Second its an internal battery. Third, you were offered insurance which you declined. Comments saying " I dropped my old phone and nothing happened" is irrelevant. That's like saying "I drove drunk before and didn't smash my ride".

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I actually saw a video on youtube and it showed the effects of dropping various phones from different distances, angles, etc.  Dropping a phone with the face flat is, unfortunately, the most destructive thing you can do to the glass (even more so than dropping it on an edge, surprisingly enough). 

I understand people's complaints about dropping the phones and in those instances, it is to some degree user error but, let's be honest, it's more or less wear and tear for phone for most people's general use (if you can find a single person that has never dropped their phone, I'd be very surprised). 

However, the marketing for this phone makes it sounds indestructible.  Kevlar case?  Gorilla glass that won't scratch, even if you run a knife across the screen?  The phone SHOULD be indestructible according to the way they market it.  It should AT LEAST be able to deal with normal phone wear and tear and that includes small drops.  Legally, Verizon/Motorolla might be in the right and we are not allowed to drop our phones and still expect them to work.  But from a customer standpoint, this is flat out ridiculous and dishonest.  They may win the battle but it's unlikely to win the war if neither Motorola or Verizon will stand by their products and admit when there are design flaws/issues. 

Regardless, there are still a number of people who have had issues that have NOT dropped them.  You can dismiss a few of them for lying but there are MANY MANY reports of this same issue.  If Motorola won't back their products, people won't buy them in the future.  It's a poor, short sighted move to not acknowledge this issue. 

0 Likes
SGRINGO
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.facebook.com/MotoRAZRCracked and http://MotoRAZRCracked.com

Here we go again. I am on my forth RAZR since June! Shouldn't have to put up with this.

0 Likes
becksterupnorth
Enthusiast - Level 2

My RAZR cracked while sitting on a padded surface  I have sent it to Motorola to be "inspected".  I HATE being w/o a phone for this long and could have had one days ago if I submitted the claim to my insurance.   BUT....with an such an obvious and frequent factory defect, a point needs to be made.  Hopefully they will replace it....but do I  want another razr just to have it happen again......and again......and again????????????????????????

0 Likes
Boulderdash

Well this is how it is going to go for Motorola and Corning. I was sitting

with 5 of my fellow engineers who were mostly iPhone users and they were

discussing going to the new Droid Razr Maxx HD and I told them about the

Gorilla Glass cracking for no fault of the user (me included). I am pretty

sure none of them will be buying anything with Gorilla Glass. Also,

eyebrows went up when they heard that Verizon was not supporting their

customers either with this issue. Vote with your wallet and spread the word

until the vendors step up to the plate.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not Verizon that is supposed to support the device.  Manufacturer is...  This is no different than a tv, Xbox, and such.  Just because you sign a contract doesn't mean Verizon is obligated to these things for you.  It's no different than when you buy a car for example.  Manufacturer under warranty is paid to the dealership for all their work.  If Motorola isn't willing to pay Verizon why should they repair or replace? 

0 Likes