Why is my Droid Maxx 2 suddenly dropping calls?
to1969to
Enthusiast - Level 2

My droid maxx 2 has suddenly been dropping calls after about 1 minute. This has happened in general and specific areas where I have had no problems previously. This started about Jan 3 and has continued since. Calls going out or coming in have dropped. I have 3 bars typically. My wife has the same phone and it has happened to her as well. Calls made from 53118 and 53226 area. I have powered off\on. What can I do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: maxx 2 suddenly dropping calls
to1969to
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just turned the setting to OFF and had my wife do the same on her phone (exact same phones). I just had a 6 minute call without it dropping. Yes it sounds different but not bad. I will run it in this mode for a while and try switching back later to see if it is still dropping when ON. Thanks.

Is there a way to report this to Verizon?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the HD Voice feature on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
to1969to
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about this feature. In my Settings it says it is on and HD Voice and Video calling is selected.

0 Likes
to1969to
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just turned the setting to OFF and had my wife do the same on her phone (exact same phones). I just had a 6 minute call without it dropping. Yes it sounds different but not bad. I will run it in this mode for a while and try switching back later to see if it is still dropping when ON. Thanks.

Is there a way to report this to Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and report the LTE signal is weak enough to cause the HD Voice (VoLTE) calls to drop. Most likely because the signal dropped to 3G or 1xRTT. VoLTE calls won't seamless transfer from LTE to 1xRTT so the call drops.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes