Why is my Droid Turbo 2 stuck on Android 6.0 when my previous device got the update a week, or so ago?
blusls79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had an original design refresh that was having volume button issues with, and a broken speaker. Anyway, a few days before getting my replacement device under warranty I get the 6.0.1 update. I upgraded without issue on my original device. I get my replacement device a few days later, and now it says, that it is update to with version Marshmallow 6.0. I have factory wiped the device from the bootloader and from within the OS at least 5+ times. I wiped a twice before my trip, twice while on my trip, and once since I have been back home. I have even contacted Verizon support via Twitter. They suggested that I wipe it. Which I did. I have even wiped and restored without restoring my apps or data. Does anyone else have any ideas? Sreenshot below for proof.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Droid Turbo 2 stuck on Android 6.0 when my previous device got the update a week, or so ago?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your phone has the same version of the OS shown in this update doc? DROID TURBO 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Droid Turbo 2 stuck on Android 6.0 when my previous device got the update a week, or so ago?
blusls79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you reading from a script or blind? Please see my pics attached in original message and compare for yourself. Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your screenshots didn't show the software version so there was NO way to verify which version you have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
blusls79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Copied & pasted from my Chrome browser from the same screen I posting this reply to. Showing the last software update to be 24.14.16.en.us on 10/19/16, when the current version posted on your link is 24.32.22. So, no it is not the same version as that version that is on the link posted. That version is the version that updates the phone to Marshmallow 6.0.1.

0 Likes
FRAHER71

Any luck yet?

0 Likes
blusls79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nope, just tried again and it still says the device is up to date .

Thanks.

0 Likes
blusls79
Enthusiast - Level 1

It finally got the update push about 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes