Why is my phone faster when I am getting a 3G signal versus 4G?
DaddyO5

I only seem to notice this when I am at work, but there is a definite difference when I get a 3G signal versus 4G with 3G being better, why?  Is there a setting to keep it on 3G at least while I am at work?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone faster when I am getting a 3G signal versus 4G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Daddy05,

Let's get you back in the fast lane. I'm sorry for the speed issues that you are having while at the office. It could be just that your office receives a strong 3G signal than a 4G signal. What zip code are you having these issues in? Do the issues occur primarily indoors or outdoors as well?

On the Maxx there is not a setting to make it to connect to 3G only.

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DaddyO5

Zip is 76904. I noticed the change about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Indoors only.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info DaddyO5. I'm confident that together we can get this resolved once and for all. I'm showing that there isn't any issue report in this area at this time. Have you had the opportunity to check under settings if the device is in 3G only? Also, can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the device? May I ask what floor is your office on at work? As you share the details of the issue then we can customize a solution just for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes