Why isn't my Droid Turbo playing audio text messages?
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to play an audio text message, I receive an error message, 'error while playing audio, please retry". This happens when it arrives and when I go back to try. It is a .qpc file about 12 seconds long. The person sending is also a Verizon customer.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why isn't my Droid Turbo playing audio text messages?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an active data connection at the time when you attempt to play the message? Is it a cellular data connection or a wifi connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried both. On 4GLTE and my house wifi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know which phone model is the messages coming from? Apple or a different Android phone or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure. I don't think it is a smart phone at all. I was able to play them on my old phone which was an Android phone. I have only been unable to hear them since I upgraded my phone to the Droid Turbo on Sept. 8th.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonziZ255,

Audio inside text can brighten ones day. Let's look in to this. Are these new message that people are sending you or were they transferred from your old phone? Can you hear other audio files, like music and videos? What type of Android did you have before?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are new messages. Yes, I can hear other audio files. I had a Casio G'zOne Model C811. It has Android version 4.1.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonziZ255,

Thanks for sharing those additional details. Are you aware if the sending party is using a specific application to send these audio files? It's possible that with the different operating system these audio file types would no longer be supported. To be sure, you may be able to locate a 3rd party application in the Google Play Store that will read the ".qcp" file type. If the file can be read by a separate application, that would give us an idea that the current software alone does not support these particular file associations. Give this a shot and keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did find an app in the Google play store. I have to save the audio then open another app (a file manager) then play with Wav Player app which cost .99¢ (info for anyone else having this problem). I can't just play the audio from the messenger+ app. I tried several messaging apps also, none would play it. I did find out that the phone sending the audio is not a smart phone, i.e. Android or Apple. It is a Samsung Brightside, Model SCHU380.

0 Likes