Why will my DROID Turbo not charge when turned on?
ksgray68

When I connect my DROID Turbo to a charger and the phone is on, it will not charge.  If I turn the device off, it charges perfectly!  I have used the rapid charger that came with the phone and other chargers....all give the same result.....no charging when turned on, good charging when turned off.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why will my DROID Turbo not charge when turned on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your phone should charge if on or off ksgray68. I'm sorry you're having issues with this awesome device. How long have you had issues with it charging? Is there any damage to the phone or charging port?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ksgray68

No damage at all.  It's strange that it will not charge when powered on.  If I use the rapid charger, it charges fast....but only when the device is powered off.

0 Likes
ksgray68

only been happening for 4 or 5 days

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details ksgray68. I'm happy the phone charges but the device should charge with the phone off and on. Do you have any battery saving apps installed?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ksgray68

nope. no battery saving apps.  No apps changes. Just wouldnt charge one day when it was turned on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksgrey68,

We certainly want you enjoying your phone to full capacity. Have you tried charging it any where else? Or have you used any other type of charger to see if the charge picks up?

ShirazP_VZW

0 Likes
jtheis74

FYI - I have the same issue.  I have taken it in for repairs (it's well past its warranty) and was told that there is a chip in the phone that does some sort of switching with regard to charging - if the phone is on or off, if you use turbo or not.  The repair site said that they have seen this on older phones and are able to jumper around this chip but they cannot find the pin out for the chip on the Turbo 2.

Verizon, any chance you could provide this pin out?  I REALLY like this phone but if I can only charge it when it's powered off that's a major issue.

0 Likes