Why won't Messages+ save contacts?
Reisb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hold down on bubble of a text I receive. Click add to contacts. Contacts app opens. Click add new contact. Enter name and save. Saves. Less than an hour later, the contact is no longer saved.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging+ not saving contact?
BigBrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

If its Android then download "Messenger" by Google from app store. It is much better.  If its Android and a Samsung phone then its whole lot better.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Make sure, when you save the contact with Messaging+ that you are saving to your Verizon Cloud.  You can save to your phone or Gmail (most reliable way), but vzw has to sync with its own cloud.

0 Likes
Reisb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what this means. When I click to save, contacts app opens. I save all contacts to my Gmail account. None to my phone. Just doesn't permanently save from this app.

If it's because I need to save to "phone-cloud" instead of Gmail, this app will not work for me.

0 Likes
BigBrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

If its Android then download "Messenger" by Google from app store. It is much better.  If its Android and a Samsung phone then its whole lot better.

0 Likes
Reisb
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's Android but it's Motorola Droid Turbo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reisb Great, that is still an Android device. You can download “Messenger” by Google from the app store. Please feel free to let us know if we can be of further assistance.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Reisb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm OK with this answer, but is Verizon really telling me not to use the Verizon messaging+ app and use a different on instead?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

VMM+ is the stock app on Verizon exclusive phones.  You can download a better message app though.  Sounds like the rep is condoning this, and agrees with the rest of us.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID Turbo comes with a second text message application called Messaging and has a green text message bubble icon. Try that application first before trying another application from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reisb we certianly want to make sure to answer your questions. Can you please tell me if you are wanting to add the Verizon Cloud.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes