Why won't hyperlinks in my e-mail work?
CARMEL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two days ago, droid turbo updated.  Since then, hyperlinks on the Verizon email system don't open up.  Prefer the email provided by Verizon, Moto to gmail (where the hyperllinks do still work) becasue i prefer the way historic emalls are presented, in the manner that microsoft presents emails.  How can I restore full use of the email?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: hyperlink failures after droid turbo update
CARMEL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx for your help.  Went to the Verizon store today.  Problem is addressed.  Turned out the update added a new step.  Have to hit "show pictures" on each email which then turns on the hyperlinks.  Hope this helps others besides me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

In the email settings/app you're using there should be an option to enable links

0 Likes
CARMEL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx.  Checked in motomail settings for hyperlink, buy not listed as a setting, so still stuck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you using an email app or the pre-installed mail app on your device?

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARMEL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx for your help.  Went to the Verizon store today.  Problem is addressed.  Turned out the update added a new step.  Have to hit "show pictures" on each email which then turns on the hyperlinks.  Hope this helps others besides me.

0 Likes
MTMerrick

I cannot find that when I look in Settings for Gmail, Google, or any where.

Android 10 messed things up more than it fixed as far as I can see.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MTMerrick,

It would bother me a bit too if the updates didn't seem to help me out, so I can understand the concern regarding the photos/images not loading into Gmail properly. Let's get a solution in place for you. To begin, it sounds like you are using the Gmail application. If so, the link here (http://spr.ly/66091fbdR) will show you the steps on enabling photos/images within your Gmail account. 

Now, if you use an alternate application or you are using a third-party application, please provide more details so we can best assist.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes