Wi-Fi Calling
bhbjk1

I have terrible cell reception inside my home. Can I set up my phone to make calls over my homes Wi-Fi Network?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wi-Fi Calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn you are having problems with reception inside your home, bhbjk1. Although calling over WiFi is not available, we do offer a network extender to boost service inside. The network extender uses your existing high speed internet connection to improve reception. For more information you can click here: http://vz.to/MRtzlb

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can use the Hangouts dialer app to make calls, but I'm not sure you can use it to receive calls.  You can use google voice to make and receive calls if you have a number.  Otherwise, no you cannot use wifi to make/send calls as usual.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn you are having problems with reception inside your home, bhbjk1. Although calling over WiFi is not available, we do offer a network extender to boost service inside. The network extender uses your existing high speed internet connection to improve reception. For more information you can click here: http://vz.to/MRtzlb

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

WiFi calling is available via apps and also rumored to be added officially by Verizon this summer to select markets and handsets.  Extenders do not work well with 4G phones nor Advanced Calling, since AC requires 4G and extenders only work with 3G.  OP should save that $250 dollars.

0 Likes