Wifi Hotspot
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not too long ago I was using FoxFi to make my Moto Raz HD into a mobile hotspot. It worked pretty good. I tried it today and got the message "Your carrier has blocked wifi mode in latest phone update." I checked the FoxFi site, and sure enough my phone was on the Not Supported list with a note of "Kit-Kat 4.4 blocks wifi mode." One more negative about Kit-Kat, I guess. From what I dug out of the Vzn website, their Mobile Hotspot app can be turned on if you have the "right services" (aka, pay $20-30 more per month). I suppose there's a logical reason for this change, but someone (Vzn) really needs to explain it to me.

I don't have need for a hotspot very often (1-2 times per month), but when I do, it's annoying that I can't set it up without paying more to use my own data plan. It's possible that FoxFi will solve the problem, but meanwhile, has anyone found a solution? Another app?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Hotspot
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much research and a very long chat session with Vzn I did opt for the change to a More plan. It only increased my bill about $8 and I ended up with unlimited text & talk instead of Nationwide 700 and 250 texts. The included hot spot works like a charm so far.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand not being able to use WiFi for free like you use to can be an inconvenience MommaBear04. Change can certainly be hard to adjust to. As you mentioned, you can add the Mobile Hotspot to your current plan for an additional cost if you're on a Nationwide Plan. However, with our More Everything Plans, Mobile Hotspot is included at no additional cost. The data from the Hotspot will simply be deducted from your data plan. Here is more information about More Everything. http://vz.to/1jb6J2p

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mt_momma
Enthusiast - Level 1

MommaBear, I wouldn't bother with updating your plan to add the Mobile Hotspot - since KitKit, mine hasn't worked worth beans.  Which stinks, since it is my only internet at home.  Nothing Verizon has tried has restored the service that used to work perfectly.  If you find a solution, please post.

MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much research and a very long chat session with Vzn I did opt for the change to a More plan. It only increased my bill about $8 and I ended up with unlimited text & talk instead of Nationwide 700 and 250 texts. The included hot spot works like a charm so far.

0 Likes