Re: Wifi hotspot not working
tbo27
Master - Level 2

The mhs will work. I called I guess they had a provisioning error today. Gotta wait on ac 1.0 or maybe 2.0 to get voice/lte simultaneously

0 Likes
dgullick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just went from Droid Maxx to Droid Turbo due to failure of camera on Droid Maxx.  All went well in transfer of information until tried the Mobile Hot Spot with Sony laptop SVT151AL11 laptop Win 8.  Although the Sony recognized the hotspot it wouldn't connect.  ( The Sony worked perfectly with the Droid Maxx that I tuned in )  I then tried a portable Panasonic laptop Win 7 and the Hotspot worked perfectly.

So here is what I discovered and have no idea if it will help others but worth a try:  Go under Settings>Mobile Hotspot settings>Configure Mobile Hotspot>>>>the last entry = Client (DHCP) start address 192.168.43.2      Someplace I had seen a #3 added to the address so changed it to 192.168.43.23 AND VOILA !!  It immediately recognized and logged on immediately. 

For what it is worth:  I am a novice but found something that worked for me.

BHA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes

Fixed mine. After all  the other ideas and software updates that Verizon had me try? 6 months hot spot did not work on my turbo.  Many hours of disappointment Thank you for your post. I was thinking the phone was unfixable.?? .

0 Likes